Wednesday, April 29, 2015

First Batch of Morels



Beefsteak False Morel (Gyromitra fastigiata) Poisonous fungi    close but not quite what I'm looking for.
 This doe has been picked over pretty well.  No rack.  Not what I'm looking for.
 This south eastern exposed hillside looks a little more promising.
 OK,  that's it.  After two unsuccessful outings I was starting to question my vision.  The kids at school have been finding a few morels here and there.
 Now that's more like it.  One hour of hoofing it up and down the hills and this is the reward. 
 Back home and with my find and then a tour around the yard.  The fruit trees are coming into full bloom and the honey bees are very active.  The grass is growing and Susie has been busy with yard work.






In for the evening and time to fry up a batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment