Thursday, February 1, 2018

CAT SITTING.





For the second time this week the swans were out feeding in this field just East of the Hurstville Nature Center along the Maquoketa river.


 As the sun set the temperatures started to drop down to 13 *F



The babies were hungry for some food and attention.  Each winter when Mart and Joanie head South.  I help out with cat sitting duty and I make it a point to hike several different parts of the farm.


.
 I hiked out to owl pellet ridge.  A cedar crested ridge with a beautiful South Western exposure.  Just where I would take a nap if I was a big buck.




I stacked a little brush that Mart had cut a while back.

Even though my hands were cold, it was great to get out and hike the point.

BEWARE!
Joan and Mart made it down to Little Corn.


No comments:

Post a Comment