Saturday, February 28, 2015

Weekend Chores.


 We've had a long stretch of really cold weather and we've put a big dent in our wood pile.  So, today with temperatures in the teens , light winds and sunny skies we loaded up the truck with what is hopefully the last load of wood this winter.
 The dogs and I hit the timber and blocked up a bunch of wind fall elms before giving Susie a call to hike down to give me a hand loading up the truck.
That's not to say, I won't be cutting and hulling any more wood.  I'll get a lot more saw time down in the sugar bush in a few weeks.
Even though I could. I wouldn't want to do this on my own.

 I already had an hour in blocking up the wood.
 Gathering wood in the winter requires a lot more walking form the tree fall back to the truck.
 But, on a beautiful  sunny day it's great to get outside and get out of the house and off the couch.


Two hours later the truck is  unloaded and
our country boy/girl work out is done for the day.



So, I guess now it's time for Apple Pie and Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment