Wednesday, March 4, 2015

SCRUB A DUB DUB.



 I made as far as Springbrook before I got the call to cancel school.  With the 3" of snow changing over to ice, I was all for the cancellation




Ace, Maxine, the cats an I loaded up the supplies and heated up the pole barn in order to get to work scrubbing down the pots and pans for down in the sugar bush next weekend.





Toozoo sat next to the fire on the couch while I scrubbed away with steel wool and comet.

 The wet stone that I use for my knifes also works well for scrubbing off old burn carbon on the pan.

















With all most all of the supplies loaded on to the runner sled I'm ready to get down to the timber and tap some trees on Friday.  I've got Parent/Teacher conferences for the next few nights and no school on Friday!!





The extended forecast for the weekend  looks good for an early sap run and some spring cleaning.


















No comments:

Post a Comment