Friday, December 23, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

 This mornings sunshine has given away to over cast skies.  After a cup of Joe,  Susie and I will be heading out to the hoop house to pick some greens for a salad to go with the Christmas meal.  Then a quick walk in the woods with the dogs, now that deer season is over we'll hike down by the sugar bush.  Our family has always hiked on Christmas Eve but this year we'll be in the the city.  Beau is working this evening so it'll be just the two of us and the dogs on the eve before the eve. 
 
A personal favorite:

STOPPING BY WOODS ON A SNOWY EVENING
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village, though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.
My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.
He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sounds the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment