Sunday, February 28, 2016

February Draws to a Close.


 Even though the sun was shining bright it was still cold and crisp along the trout stream Friday evening. 

Over the past few weeks I traversed many miles over different terrine.


From secluded cedar ridges.  




To 30 year old white pine plantings in search of a shed antler


Finding a skull here or a scapula there.
 Yesterday I hit a maple timber on a western slope.  Here's a tap and a line that someone forgot to pull last spring.


Notice how the critters have chewed on the end of the lines.


I think I know this tapper.
 Score?  Well, it's better than nothing.



It's a shed from last spring. Small and chewed up from rodents looking for a nutritional meal.




















I spent the rest of the day and into the evening down in the sugar bush taping a few more trees, cleaning up wind fallen trees and firing up the stoves to boil a little sap


No comments:

Post a Comment