Tuesday, January 6, 2015

ENERGY TO BURN # SNOWDAY!


  This morning, I was up before dawn building a fire in the wood stove for the pets before I took off for school.
 All pets were fed and watered then I went inside to crack some beans for a cup of joe.



With the morning temps hovering just below 0* and wind chills well below -20* F.

The scroll at the bottom of the TV showed that rather than a 2 hour delay, school had been canceled all together.

 Bonus day!  Snow day!!








I walked the dogs back to the barn and loaded the wood boxes for the night.









 Some of the gnarly old red elm is a lot easier to split on mornings like this, when it's frozen solid.













A quick trip to town (not in the bus) to get my teeth cleaned  and then back to the house to burn off a few calories.



Sitting by the fire in a nice warm house eating Susie's cooking, leaves me with plenty of calories to spare.











So, I bundled up and the dogs an I hit the ski trail.


The sugar shack could use a roof and a fire...

Maybe a future project.
 I felt bad when the dogs chased a few does out of the timber and across the field in front of me.  No pictures, some times you just enjoy the moment.

The deer have been busy eating the tips of the dogwood that lines the field they rest soon and bed down.

Conserving their energy for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment