Sunday, November 23, 2014

TIME TO GET OUT BEFORE THE COOL DOWN.



 I got up early this morning to take advantage of the one of the last warm November days before the cold front moves back into the area and I wasn't the only one.   On my drive to the stream I saw several large flocks of turkeys and deer out foraging while the conditions are favorable.
 The Driftless Area is known for its elaborate network of world-class, clear, cold limestone creeks, and big trout populations. These beautiful waters are not only plentiful here in Jackson County, but provide the best quality habitat for trout, resulting in a sustainable natural population of brown trout.


 Fishing these small streams provides plenty of challenges for fishing, such as tight quarters and crystal clear streams that leaves the trout spooky.

This am I used a small 1/32 oz. panther martin, the flash of the blade caught the attention of several nice brown trout but I never managed to set the hook.




 Another project we've been working on around the house is a fishing motif.
 The pictures include Connie, Big Jim and myself all displayed on Kendo's old fishing rod and real.


















SCARFIE!



No comments:

Post a Comment