Wednesday, November 26, 2014

DRIVING THE BACK ROADS.


Yesterday Susie and I took the back road over to the neighbors to pick up some eggs.  Our six geriatric birds don't lay too many eggs this time of year and our neighbors had a bunch, plus they aren't really fans of brown eggs.  I'm good with that.  Driving home we cut over toward the river and saw a bald eagle sitting on a nest.


On my drive this afternoon I saw a pair of eagles feeding on some road kill and another mile down the road from that was an eight point buck just a few yards down in the timber.  I watched him for a few minutes before he strolled down the valley.
 Sunday before the front came through the area I hit the stream with a little spinner.  So, this afternoon I gave this little fly a try.

I spent the first 10 minutes just getting the feel of flipping the fly along the tight little stream.  On a small stream like this one placing the fly where you want to is only half the battle.  Then the trick is to catch the drift of the stream and float the fly past where the trout are hiding out.

Once again the crystal clear stream conditions  blew my cover and even though there were fish to be caught, I didn't.

Oh well,  It's still good to get out on the back roads and see what's going on.

 Happy Thanksgiving precious friends & family.



No comments:

Post a Comment