Tuesday, May 21, 2013

SOCCER



Last night marked the end of my High School Soccer coaching career. 


Our soccer program (est. 2006) grew out of the community of which it is a part. As with any program directed to young people, its primary goal was to contribute to their development as people, not just as athletes. Only a few of my players went on to play at the college level but most of them  grew up to be
 terrific individuals.

I wanted our program to be “serious fun” – something to work hard at, try and excel at, and have fun with. I also wanted our players to display good sportsmanship and to accept responsibility for their performance, win or lose.

This year I realized how much I've been missing in the Spring and the decision was made to call it quits when it came to coaching.




 For me it was a quality of life issue.  I enjoy my time with my family, teaching kids, being outdoors and working on projects around our little place in the country.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment