Sunday, November 21, 2021

The Car Port

This is the first post in this post.  October 17th.
Beau and I actually started harvesting dead cedars back in early October
This18 foot ridge pole was a nice piece of lumber.
There's a lot of climbing up and down the ladders when you take on a project like this by yourself.
Beau and I got a nice load of salvaged lumber from Kyle up in Dubuque.
And Jace set me up with all the nailers for the roof tin.
A project like this takes time when your limited to weekends, after school and nights.
It was a good feeling getting the tin roof on .
And yes, there was a few set backs.  I've been messing with vehicle issues for the last month as well.
Ever sense the Baha engine crapped out on me in SW wisconsin. 
My second trip to Menards to return the materials that I bought. loaded, unloaded, reloaded, returned and unloaded once again. 
but I did get the siding and got it on the sides of the carport.
By night I would relay bricks and do what I could.
The centerstone is layed.... someday a time capsule will be installed too.
but who will know? 
The opening is big enough that the bus can get in too.
The Big window salvaged form the chicken coop got installed yesterday in the South end.

And a small window on the East side.
Todays project is a half door on the West to keep the blowing leaves out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment