Sunday, September 2, 2018

FIRST CATCH THE FISH...

 Location, location,location
 With the first full week of school in the books.  We figured we should make a plan to do a little fishin on  one of the local trout streams.  Jace would come up stream.  I would drop in form the upper end and we would meet up for a shore line lunch in a beautiful walnut grove with Marty in the middle.
 If you're going to do a shore line lunch.  Big Jim said the number one rule is to "first catch the fish"!
I hit a few pools up stream and had some short strikes.  Then is a grass lined cut I hooked and landed a nice rainbow stocker (lunch)and followed that up with a brown (catch and release) with the next cast.  That was easy enough.  I bushwhacked my way down stream figuring the other guys would have a trout or two to add to the mix.   

 
I wasn't disappointed.  Marty had set up camp with a fire and chairs and yes a cool one or two.
Along with our new multi tool.  The pool basket which we found would work to carry gear, work as both a camp table and grill.
 
 Surf and turf!  Sausage, peppers, zucchini, corn, fish and chips! 
Cheers, Bob!

No comments:

Post a Comment