Sunday, April 8, 2018

ADVENTURE AWAITS

 As I hike the ridges and reviens of the driftless area I never know what adventure awaits.
 I explore rock outcrops and look for fossils, bones and artifacts.
This rugged territory provides us with the opportunity to get out and explore while we get a little   exercise.  It's always a good workout getting up and down some of these deep hollows.
 Yesterday afternoon we were alerted to the presents of  bizzare looking migrant which goes by several names;  the timber doodle, bog sucker and night partridge to name a few.  Conservationist Aldo Leopold wrote of the "sky dancer" in his book of essays A Sand County Almanac.
Susie rests a top a large shelf bracket fungus.

No Shed antlers on this hike but I did manage to clean up the road ditch a bit on my way home .  
Earth Day is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment