Tuesday, August 15, 2017

It Still Beats Going To Work,


Downed trees and rain might detour some guys from getting out on a Monday morning but when you know your heading back to school this week, you get on the water and go.
 We fished some new water that both of us had heard stories of smallies.  With Jace in the stern and me in the bow of his 17' alumacraft.  We were on the water by 7:30 am.
 I'm happy to say, I was the first to hook into a fish, a walleye.  But when I went for my net to land it.  I was hooked on Jace's hook and with all the fumbling the fish got off.  As you can tell by the look on my face, I wasn't all that fired up about Jace catching "MY" walleye  just moments later.
 I did catch several smallies and later landed a nice walleye but it went back in the creek as I tried to put it in the cooler.  Somethings just aren't meant to be.
 Later that morning the sun came out,  we dried out and had a great adventure on some new water.

No comments:

Post a Comment