Sunday, September 6, 2015

Two Words.


 Friday evening I rolled into Indee for the first time sense we sold the family home a few years back.

I pulled into the parking lot behind main street along the Wapsiepinicon River followed closely by one of the cities finest.  I knew I had a tail light that was a little sketchy, on again and off again.

"Did you know that you've got No tail lights?"  and then he asked the two words that I knew I would hear this labor day weekend: " License & Registration".  Thankfully I had all my papers just not at hand.  As he ran my plates I did manage to find my DL stashed in my wallet.  I told him I'd be happy to park it for the night and he said he would let the next shift know.  I thanked him and proceeded to take my bike of the rack to find the fellas, when I heard a yell from the local beer deck,  "Hey Bob"!


It wasn't long before I hooked up with my buddy Matti who was back in Iowa from northern Cali for a family reunion.  Along with his brother and our good friend MRX.  It was awesome to hang with those two again and renew our friendships. 
 Woke up the next morning in the parking lot and took off for the Backbone to kayak with brother Steve.


It was a beautiful morning with leaves falling and cool, clear water.
 Steve is 20 years older and shows no signs of slowing down.  We're both trying to get the swing of fishing out of a kayak.

Well, Steve caught on sooner than I did.  With a variety pack of pan fish, small bass and trout.





Looking forward to more time on the water this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment