Thursday, July 23, 2015

Trout Fishing In North Eastern Iowa.


 My two brothers and I got together to fish and camp for a couple a days in North Eastern Iowa.
 First stop was Backbone State Park a place we all spent lots of time fishing with our father years ago.
 I was feeling bad for Steve and Greg as I caught several small  pan fish and they hadn't even had a bump.  Then I hooked into a nice trout in the deep cool, clear waters at the upper end of the lake.  But, as I went to land it, it shook off the hook.

 It wasn't long before both of them landed several trout. 

I caught several more crappies and missed another trout and that was it for me.
Back at the campground we met up with the park ranger who was one of Greg's buddies and the attendant who was a former student of mine.

I got to try out the Tsunami for sleeping and realized the bed needs a little more cushion to make things more comfortable. 
 Good night Steve.
 Up early the next day.  I got the fire rekindled and cooked up a hardy breakfast before we took off for another fishing trip.
We caravaned  over the Elk creek for some more trout fishing.
 I had a little better success but still got out fished by both Steve and Greg.

But, that really didn't matter.  We had a great time and we'll be hitting another stream again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment