Saturday, August 23, 2014

GOLF OUTTING WITH THE BOYS





 Talk at Jacks 93rd birthday party turned to GOLF.

For years Beau and I have golfed each summer with our friend John and who ever else was up for the challenge.




With Dan back from the Marshall Islands for a few weeks and a round under his belt from RRs bachelor party.  He was up for another outing.








John has always had a love for the game.  But with farming and tending bar he doesn't always get the time to get out as often as he would like.



Thankfully he keeps us in mind when he wants to get a round in. 













Mart, like my self, is always up for some fun and willing to give just about anything a try.



For our crew everyone is pretty evenly matched and no one  takes it too serious.




A good drive or fareway  shot, a long putt or chipping up to the pin is all it takes to make our game or provide a start to a future story.


We all had our moments.  Beau had the shot of the day,  on a par five a long drive, perfect approach shot left Beau just off the edge of the green in two shots.  Dropping his chip shot in for an EAGLE.
Now Beau can use Gerald Fords line:

I would like to deny all allegations by Bob Hope that during my last game of golf, I hit an eagle, a birdie, an elk and a moose!

I grew up playing golf and even coached about 25  years ago when I taught at POP.  For not getting out to play for the last four years
 I was pleased with my round. 

Beau an I each shot 41s ....Not that we're competitive or anything :)





As always fashion is the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment