Saturday, December 14, 2013

DAY AT THE TREE FARM.


 Cabin fever got the best of me.  I've been cooped up in the pole barn as truck load after truck load of deer hunters came through the area.





 So, I ventured out to Mart's for a little winter hike in a hunter free zone.  We hit a few of the perimeter trails.  This trail is just across the valley from one of bridges that Mart and I  made a few years back. 
The cabin got an artistic upgrade with some of the old cross country skis that I picked up last winter.
 The picture doesn't do justice to this cool little bird nest I came across in one of the multiflora roses bushes along the trail. 
 Oak and full moon on the rise.
 I did a little TSI work out in the tree farm at  sunset.  





This little cedar looks to be about the right size for our Christmas down sizing.





WOODMAN, spare that tree!
  Touch not a single bough!
In youth it sheltered me,
  And I ’ll protect it now.
’T was my forefather’s hand        5
  That placed it near his cot;
There, woodman, let it stand,
  Thy axe shall harm it not.





 Joan and Mart's little tree turned out great.




No comments:

Post a Comment