Saturday, July 13, 2013

Late Hatch In The Berry Patch


 
This morning Susie and I ran up to the Dubuque Farmers Market and then down to the National River Museum for the Ding Darling celebration .


Ding was awarded two Pulitzer Prizes for his editorial cartoons, and President Roosevelt appointed him to what would ultimately become the US Fish & Wildlife Service, which today continues to sport the original National Wildlife Refuge  "blue goose" logo designed by him.



  Aside from many conservation efforts enacted within the governmental system as a politician, another result of his leadership and vision was the creation of the Federal Duck Stamp  program.




 When we got back Maxine and I went down to the Sugar Bush to pick some black raspberries.





















I just about dropped the whole batch of berries when I flushed a hen turkey off of her clutch of eggs.







My hope is that  



More Berries  =  More Tarts!
























No comments:

Post a Comment