Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankful

 I was thankful to find this tree down so close to the edge of the hay field.  As I carried many loads of wood up the hill to load in the truck I had a lot a time to reflect on all that I'm thankful for.
 Looking at the rings I figured the tree that is providing me with exercise and warmth throughout the winter was about the same age as me.  I'm thankful for my time out doors, living the life that Sue and I have chosen in this beautiful place we've made our home for the past 30 years.
 I'm thankful for our friends, old and new.
 The time I spend along the streams in the driftless region
 and being able to catch a trout on a fly
But, most of all I'm thankful my lovely wife Susie and for our family even though we're apart we alway think of our boy and look forward to being together in just a few short weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment