Sunday, September 24, 2017

HIKING THE TRAIL

 Beau and I have hiked this trail for over 20 years
 It's Beau who has to wait up for me these days. 
Beau at the Devil's Oven 
The descent down to the stream a hundred feet below the bluff.
 Fatman's squeeze 
 Things are pretty shallow at the first little pocket we hit.
 a vocal kettle of vultures overhead

 As we work our way down stream the water gets a little deeper and the fish a little larger
 We all know the battle for competition is fierce 
For a brief moment I had all the points.
First fish
Largest 
Most
Most species 
and two points for each Trout.
Fish netted that was four points for me.
 Then Beau wanted to make it two points for a crappie, prior to this catch.
I missed one and moments later he landed this one
  
Don't give up on a $3.69 lure.



No comments:

Post a Comment