Saturday, January 4, 2014

A STICH IN TIME SAVES NINE.

 Even with sub zero temps the dogs always manage to get us out for a hike.




 Maxine is always full of energy.


Ace on the other hand is know for periodic bursts of speed followed by unconscious treks led by his nose or stomach.
 Restocking the wood box is a daily chore and these cold days are great for splitting fire wood.


But, when I was splitting the other day I was surprised to discover this bullet lodged in an elm log. 

My guess is that it's from Thanksgiving time when my brothers Greg and Steve did some target shooting


Blizzard conditions continued overnight and today temps reached the 20's*F  with light winds.  When I ventured down to check on the Bus, I was shocked to see that the cold temps and 50 mph wind gusts combined to split the plastic on the hoop house.  Thankfully,  the split was clean and happened along a wooden brace.

Inside, secondary hoops and row cover protected the plants enough to prevent too much damage.
















Smaller inner hoop.
 I used some scraps from the inner hoops to patch over the seam.  Hopefully, this will do the trick and get us through till spring.

Hopefully this triage repair work will do the trick.

 
 Details of some of the workman ship.


Patch work...But, it'll need a full make over before next fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment