Wednesday, November 2, 2011

SKUNKED TWICE IN A DAY

I returned to the new water once again,  my second  time actually,  with out a strike.  A quick walk down the well beaten cow path.  This time in hiking boots, not hip waders.  The stream has been running quite clear these beautiful fall afternoons.  So, the trout are spooky.  Just like the halloween season or the big black herst that drove by as I got out of my car.  Strike one....no fish.


 After a quick trip home to drop and block up an elm tree for fire wood I ventured out again. I got on to big mill just as the sun was setting over the hillside.  The surface of the little stream was full of action.
A  trout rising, and it's visual take on the surface, is one of the true thrills of trout fishing.  The "rise form" is that dimple left on the surface by a rising fish. The rise can be addictive to watch. 
Changing over to a small popper and creeping to the edge of the bank  I tried to present the little surface popper with out spooking the trout.  Darkness, strike two, skunked again.

No comments:

Post a Comment