Thursday, April 14, 2011

Skunked


If you don't go fishing, you can't tell fishing stories, good, bad  or otherwise.

With soccer in full swing right now I seem to be burning the candle at both ends.  Two weeks of three matches a week is a lot of games and late nights.


So, I took off for school a little earlier this morning just to wet a line and that's about all I did.  But, none the less I did get out and gave it a try.  With my fathers old fly rod, rigged with a small jig with a twister tail I was able to pitch this little stretch of trout stream.  Just two small strikes then back in the car.  The early morning drive out Big Mill Valley did provide some good wildlife viewing opportunities:  Tom turkeys in strut,  various water foul like a pair of trumpeter swans, canadian geese, mallards, wood ducks and mud hens.  The fishing is always good but today the catching was a little slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment