Thursday, December 8, 2011

GYMNASTICS AND THANKS!

 This is why I look forward to coming home!


After school today i  saw my friend chef Jason, who told me that he had caught and released his limit of trout earlier today.  So,  i hit the stream.





 I fished for about ten minutes or so and called it good .  The stream was crystal clear and I was happy to see lots of small browns in the stream.  There were still a few trout spawning on the gravel beds.  The cold temps do a number on my hands these days even though my body is plenty warm.





I packed up an went down stream to retrieve my lure from the box elder tree that hung out over the trout stream.   



 Armed with aunt Louise's 1960's long handled tree trimmer in hand, I ran a 1/4 mile down the trail that runs along the stream.  All just another chapter in the "Country Boy Workout".











  Then a little gymnastics as I climbed out on the tree with trimmer in hand.  I clipped the tangle of lures.  Shimming back down the tree and down a steep bank to retrieve my goodies they land in a pool and drift to the ripple below.

Three for one and then some
my spinner a small jig and anther spinner.  An outing along a trout stream on a cool december day and a work out.  Not to bad.



On my hike out I found a pack of Kodak lens paper and a cotton glove for the right hand.  I left the glove on the sign just in case someone comes back looking for it.







With some day light left to burn I drove down to the Mississippi to chek out the cabin.  With snow on the ski slopes across the river at chestnut mountain I just wonder how long it will be until we're curling out on the ice.

Just a quick thanks to all the folks who check in to my blog.  I appreciate your patients and understanding, spelling and grammar are not my strong suits.  Please, feel free to become a follower if your not already and comment on my ramblings.  I think its very cool that some of you check in from overseas  and i would love to hear your thoughts.  Itz just what I do and I love it.  PEACE!





No comments:

Post a Comment